Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Updates & Moving

Okay - I'm a little late with the blog updates... It's been a very busy week and a half!



First of all - updates:
  1. Our house in Texas SOLD and closed on Friday!
  2. We are closing on our new house in Indiana tomorrow afternoon!
  3. I traveled to Texas for 5 days to assist with the move & visit with friends (post coming soon!)
  4. I was home for less than 48 hours, then traveled to Illinois to visit family for 4 days (post coming soon!).
  5. We're back in Indiana and trying to wrap everything up before the closing tomorrow.
Here are some pics from my visit to Texas:

On the way from central Illinois (where I dropped Truman off at Poppy & Grandma's house), I had a "charter" flight to St. Louis. Yep, I was the ONLY passenger on the plane! Not only that, but there's no door between the passengers & the cockpit. It was pretty cool!



Me & the rest of the passengers... ha, ha


The moving van pulled up bright & early at 7 a.m. to start packing.

All of the boxes piled up in the master bedroom. This was the first time EVER that I have not packed up our belongings for a move & I have to say that it was WONDERFUL!


The front of our house (behind the massive moving truck!).

It's hard to believe that we have enough stuff to fill 2/3 of the truck... wow - maybe we'll have a big moving IN sale when we arrive to get rid of some of it!

Our sad, empty house. Two years was not nearly long enough to enjoy this wonderful house!

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Glad the big move is over ... has your stuff arrived safely? Congrats on closing on the house tomorrow. I'm sure you're excited to get moved in and settled.

Elizabeth said...

Hooray! I'm so thrilled at the timing in all this. God's perfect. Can't wait to see pictures of you settled in your new house.

Amy said...

Wow! It is like you had a private jet for a few hours! :) Hope that all goes well tomorrow! I'll be praying for you.