- What is something mom always says to you? – "Do your chores."
- What makes mom happy? – “If we be good."
- What makes mom sad? – “If we be bad."
- How does your mom make you laugh? –"tickling us"
- What was your mom like as a child? - “Nice"
- How old is your mom? - "62"
- How tall is your mom? - "I do not know"
- What is her favorite thing to do? - "Work"
- What does your mom do when you're not around? - "Work or take a nap or something"
- If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? - "No idea"
- What is your mom really good at? - "Games"
- What is your mom not very good at? – ...long pause... “I don’t know. Because you never did anything with us that was hard. I think you are good at everything.”
- What does your mom do for her job? - "hmmm... work on the computer. Actually, no. You write on papers and write stuff. Words."
- What is your mom's favorite food? - "calzones"
- What makes you proud of your mom? - "When you win a game, like Wii Fit."
- If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? - "Cartoon Mommy”
- What do you and your mom do together? - "play games"
- How are you and your mom the same? – “There’s nothing we’re the same with. You love kissy lips and I don’t.”
- How are you and your mom different? - "You have long hair and I don’t and you have different eyeballs."
- How do you know your mom loves you? - "Cause I was your baby and I was cute and you love me.”
- What does your mom like most about your dad? - "Him. I don’t know.”
- Where is your mom's favorite place to go? - "To fun places."
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Amazing love, how can it be
You are my KingYou are my King
Jesus, You are my King
You are My Kingby the Newsboys
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
This tag was so fun on Facebook that I thought I'd share it here. You're supposed to write 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. Then, tag your friends! If you haven't already done this, I'm tagging you. Please post a comment, so I can go to your blog & read it!
- I love photography! My first camera was a Vivitar that I received for Christmas in Junior High.
- I have lived in 5 different states, in 13 different towns and in 17 different locations (apartment/house/dorm) in my life – Out of the above, 3 states, 8 towns and 10 locations were after I got married. I’ll also state here that I hate moving!!
- I’ve been married 11 years and 1 month to my college sweetheart! We got married 7 days after my college graduation and 2 days after Christmas.
- I love the YMCA! I’ve worked for 3 different YMCAs in 3 different states – one camp and two “regular” Ys. My dream job is to be a Program Director or Director of Team Building at a YMCA camp.
- I have a degree in Recreation, Park & Tourism, but have spent more time working as a secretary/admin than in the Recreation field. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
- I’m very competitive and love games of all kinds – card games, board games, computer games, video games, etc.
- I’m a people-person! I can do anything when I’m with a friend – even stuff I normally dislike, like cooking.
- I’m pretty sure that I have multiple personalities (not really). Half of me is very anal and organized. The other half is slightly crazy, fun-loving and spontaneous.
- Ice cream is my favorite food. I think I have ice cream in my blood. My parents were both raised in the Ice Cream capitol of the world and almost all of my dad’s family has worked for the dairy at one point or another.
- I don’t like to be alone. I would rather have another human with me at all times (even if we are not interacting). The saddest I’ve ever been in my life was when I lived alone (one summer during college).
- My favorite music artist of all times is Michael W. Smith. I got his first tape (yes, I’m old) for Christmas when I was 7. I re-dedicated my life to Christ at one of his concerts when I was 14 years old and I’ve been living for Him ever since!
- Tommie & I once planned a spontaneous trip to Canada. He had a “real” weekend off (Saturday & Sunday), which was rare for him at the time. We left right when he got home from work on Friday and were gone nearly exactly 48 hours. We drove from central Illinois to Detroit & crossed over into Windsor, Ontario. Oh – the things you could do before kids!
- I rarely go to see a movie in the theater (I prefer to rent them – it’s cheaper!), but I saw Twister in the theater four times! The movie I have seen the most times in my life has to be Top Gun.
- In May 2007, I had a very large benign tumor removed from my ovary – 11 cm x 13 cm.
- I love bargain hunting! You could call me thrifty – I love the grocery game, using coupons, getting things on clearance, etc. I rarely pay full price for anything.
- My dream vacation is a cruise.
- I don’t have a passport. I’ve been to Canada twice & Mexico once: the Canada side of Niagra Falls, Windsor, Ontario (see #12) and Juarez, Mexico. I have never been further west than Denver or El Paso (whichever one is further west!).
- In high school, I participated in an abstinence drama group through our local crisis pregnancy center that performed for local youth groups. Yes, we danced around to DC Talk’s “I Don’t Want It”. Wish I had that on video…
- My kids are named after a Presidential theme. I do not know much about Presidential history or care that much about politics. I just like the sound of their names.
- I have had the following pets: fish, frogs, turtles and dogs. The fish, frogs & turtles were all aquatic animals. The dogs are not.
- My favorite season is fall. I love fall colors, football season, the start of a new school year, bonfires, camping and wearing jeans with a hooded sweatshirt.
- I dream of being on the Amazing Race. I love learning about other cultures and see #6.
- Truman and I shared our first airplane ride together. He was 2 weeks old and I was 26 years old. We flew from St. Louis to Dallas.
- My favorite place to be is out in the woods. Camping, hiking, reading or simply reflecting or praying. But, I don’t like creepy crawlies and I’m scared of spiders.
- The most important thing about me is my relationship with Jesus Christ. I certainly have done nothing worthy of salvation and His love causes me to worship Him with amazement and gratitude. My biggest hope in life is that people will see Him in me and will be drawn to Him.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- I can do whatever my little heart desires, with a strong dose of determination and sheer will power.
- Goals are important. If we plan for nothing, we will accomplish nothing.
- Eating at home requires a little planning & a supply of groceries, but is not that difficult.
- We have wasted a lot of money paying for someone else to prepare & serve our food out of sheer laziness or poor planning. My goal is to continue to cut back on eating out.
- My new favorite phrase is: "Ice water, with lemon, please!" No sense spending $1 or 2 on a drink at a restaurant when I can drink from my 2-liter at home.
- Better choices lead to a happier life.
Thank you to everyone who encouraged me along the way! I never would have lasted an entire month without your support & accountability. Just knowing that I had told "the world" about my challenge forced me to stick with it! You guys rock!