Monday, September 22, 2008

Exploring

Last night, we visited a new small group and loved it. The people are so wonderful, welcoming and nice. We are so happy that we like the first group that we visited. The women are so kind that they invited me to a Girls Night Out before we even visited their group. I went (of course! see post on desperation...) and it was wonderful. I felt like I was with a group of old friends, except I knew nothing about them. They never once made me feel new or unwelcome or like I wasn't really a part of the group yet.

Anyway, one of the topics that came up last night at small group was about Wal-Mart. I was unaware that there is a Wal-Mart about 10 minutes from my house in the opposite direction of the one I have been going to. The one I normally go to reminds me of the Wal-Mart near my old house - kinda dirty and long lines. The good news is that they are building a brand-new, upscale Wal-Mart in my town and it's about 1 mile from my house - yippee!!

Back to last night, the girls were telling me about this other Wal-Mart... so when I picked up Truman from school today - we set off to find it. Well, the highway that goes from my town to this other nearby town was closed completely off (not sure if it's simply construction or wind storm remnants)... so we drove around all sorts of country roads trying to find an alternate route to our destination (with no map).

It was fun to see the area around where we live. The cornfields are nearly dry and ready to harvest. The leaves are beginning to shed bright green color for darker green, orange, yellow and red. I can see that fall is nearly here and it makes me so happy! After about 30 minutes of exploring the countryside and exploring the nearby town, we found the Wal-Mart. Wow - it was as promised - clean with fewer lines. Amazing! And best of all, it only takes about 2-3 minutes longer to get to than my regular one. Plus, the drive is amazing. It reminds me a bit of the drive from Denton to Flower Mound - the back way. Curvy, hilly roads with overhanging trees.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh course I read yours. :)

Great news... about the Wal-Mart and the small group!

Leslie Hargus said...

Oh, I am missing fall up north. So beautiful! Take pictures of the fall colors and post PLEASE!!!