Saturday, September 27, 2008

Near Death Experience

Tonight, we were out in a neighborhood selling Cub Scout popcorn and Franklin forgot to collect a check from a sale. So, we returned to the neighborhood and sent Franklin to ask about the check (the family was still playing outside in their driveway). We were waiting in the car directly across the street from their driveway. When he had collected the check, we warned him to watch for cars - there were a couple coming down the street & it was beginning to get dark. One car passed from the north. Two cars were coming together from the south. One car passed.

Franklin darted out into the street.

Right in front of the second car - not just a car, but a rather large SUV. My heart stopped. A life flashed before my very eyes that was not my own. Fortunately, the brakes on the SUV (and horn) worked rather well and they were able to stop in time. Wow. All of us are a little shaken up and decided to call it a night.

Thank you, God, for miraculously making the brakes work extra well on the SUV. Honestly, I believe in miracles and by the speed the vehicle was traveling and the timing that Franklin ran out, I don't think the vehicle should have been able to stop in time. Praise be to God!!

Now I sit here 30 minutes later... waiting for my pulse to slow down. Praying that my kids will remain safe for many, many years to come. Grateful for the joy they bring to my life.

6 comments:

wildhairmama said...

Oh my gosh!

I'm so glad he and everyone else is ok! God works in wonderous ways!

In His Grip said...

Oh My Goodness. I am so glad he's alright. Yes, that is a miracle. Don't ever forget that Amy. Tell him that story forever.

Elizabeth said...

Wow. Thank God for protecting that little one!

Leslie Hargus said...

sigh! my heart skipped a beat when I read it! thank you Lord.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That brought tears to my eyes. I'm so thankful for God's protection over your family.

The Zavocki's said...

Yikes...so glad that God is always with us, always watching over us, always protecting. I'm so glad to hear that this one had a happy ending.