Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Last Minute Jitters

1 hour and 9 minutes until our closing! Why is it always WAY more stressful to buy a house than to sell one?!?! I'm finding myself actually nervous! We have had a few more bumps along the road this time & a few higher expenses than planned. I am confident that everything will work out okay in the end, but it sure makes me nervous to fork over a large check like this. I'd much rather keep the money in my piggy bank! As always, I want to know and understand where every single penny is going. I'm always amazed at how a real estate professional will say - "oh, it's not that big of a deal" when referring to a $500 or $1000 issue. I'm the lady who will fuss over a 50 cent coupon or try to get a discount on a $10 or $20 item! $500-1000 is a LOT of money to me. So... I've reviewed all of the documents, checked over every penny, inspected the home repairs done by the seller thoroughly and I'm ready. Ready to sign away my life - JUST KIDDING! :) I'm really ready to get out of a 2 bedroom apartment. I'm ready for the commute to the school to be 2 minutes instead of 15. I'm ready for a backyard for growing puppies. I'm ready to meet the neighbors and make friends. I'm not so ready to unpack the 163 boxes or paint the 21 gallons of paint that are sitting in my car... but that's all a part of the fun! One day at a time...

Today - closing
Tomorrow - painting begins
Monday - moving truck arrives & unpacking begins
Wednesday - flooring arrives & floor installation begins

One day at a time.
Matthew 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

No comments: