Thursday, February 28, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
I have been making a more conscious effort to hug & kiss my boys lately at times other than bedtime or saying goodbye. It seems that in the flurry of activities, sometimes a simple act like a hug and kiss get lost. Franklin was particularly resistant to the insistent kiss of his mother at first, but now he allows me without complaint (though he does try to blend in with the wall if I attempt it in front of anyone). Today, he reciprocated my effort by bringing me a gift that he purchased at his school's reward booth. I know that I am loved in return.
2. Our fence will be replaced soon! I'll have to go outside and take pictures of our sadly dilapidated fence before the nice fence guy hauls it off to the dump. It makes me happy that I will soon have a nice, new pretty fence that actually encloses the yard again. Amazing! Once the fence is repaired, we're on a mission to find the perfect puppy. :o)
(I just thought of a 3rd happy thing - the sun is shining!!!!! Praise God for sunshine that greaty improves my mood as well. I don't know if you could tell that I was in a bad mood or not.... *wink*)
I think I like steroids...
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
now you know how i really feel... ha, ha hey - sometimes life isn't pretty.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
uh oh... I just realized in the middle of this post that maybe it's not that WE are not so weird, but that I am the WEIRDEST of all... strange...
Weird or not weird - I'm just grateful that God made us different. Life would be boring if we were all white conversation hearts.
As they say on Veggie Tales:
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
3. I like to play computer & video games (almost) as much as my husband and sons. I should make commission from selling the Wii to my family & friends.4. I LOVE to dress up in costumes - Halloween (as seen below), festivals, standing on the street corner advertising an event or business (what did you think I was going to say?!?!?) - it doesn't matter. I think it is hilarious fun!
5. I had a massive tumor removed from my ovary in 2007. (I'm fine now, no worries!)
6. I love, absolutely love hip-hop music/dance and movies about it, like "Save the Last Dance". If I had an ounce of talent, I would love to learn all of the fun, funky hip-hop dance moves and be a back up dancer for some musician.
[I'm pretty sure there's some video evidence of my lack of talent somewhere, but I'm hoping it won't surface in a public arena anytime soon.]
7. If given the choice between steak and grilled cheese, I would pick grilled cheese every time. I'm a simple girl, really. If the food involves bread or cheese, it's going to win out over meat or veggies. That's just who I am.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
On a more pleasant note, I got some pretty fun pictures this past weekend (I'll try to post them soon) and I really like my new job. :o) Life is good... even when it's crazy & chaotic and I'm longing for a quiet day at home... life is good.
And... I got a really cool book on sale this weekend at Barnes & Noble that I've been wanting to read since 1999 - "The Millionaire Next Door". I've just begun and it's not going to be as entertaining of a read as the Dave Ramsey book, but it should be interesting.