Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Alive!

We finally have internet service again, but we're not quite all set up yet. My photos are on the laptop and we don't have our wireless configured yet.

Man! Have we been busy!!

We closed on the house a week ago Wednesday and have accomplished the following since then:
  • Painted laundry room
  • Added 6 long wire shelves to laundry room for pantry space
  • Painted master bedroom
  • Uninstalled master bedroom light (still working on getting the ceiling fan in!)
  • Painted master bathroom, installed new light fixture and all new hardware
  • Painted 90% of great room (37x15 room) - still have to finish above the kitchen cabinets & behind the refrigerator
  • Finished 75% of the new laminate floor in great room - tore out 1/2 carpet, 1/2 linoleum
  • Unpacked 75% of household - still need to work on office & garage and settle everything into its new home, but most of it is done or at least out of the box!
So far, we've used about 6 gallons of paint, and we're returning 2... so we've got 13 gallons to go!! My whole body hurts and I feel every bit of my 32 years of age - ha ha! I did celebrate a birthday last week too. We celebrated by cleaning out our temporary apartment and going out to dinner. Birthdays aren't nearly as much fun without friends & family around!

I have been faithfully taking pictures during the process and will post them as soon as we get our wireless connected. We got internet connected on Thursday evening, then immediately had to move the computer desk in order to work on the floor underneath! Yesterday evening (Saturday), we finally finished the floor to the point of being able to move the desk back into place.

This morning is Connect Weekend at our new church, so I'm looking forward to leaving all of the screwdrivers, saws, wood, paint brushes and boxes behind in search of a new small group! We weren't able to be at church last weekend due to illnesses (Harrison & Tommie both have been struggling with a nasty, nasty upper respiratory infection), and I was out of town the two previous weekends - so it will be like going to this church for the first time again! We visited twice, joined & I haven't been back since. What a faithful member I am! ha, ha

I'll leave you with that for now... and I'll try to post pictures when this pesky floor project has been completed!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have been one busy woman!!! I'm impressed. Can't wait to see the pics!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow - I can't wait to see the photos. You've been so busy!