Sunday, September 21, 2008

I love rain.

I'm sitting here on the couch on an early Sunday morning while everyone else is in bed. Oh wait - I thought I was writing a novel for a minute there - not everyone else is in bed. Tommie is sleeping & I think Harrison is too. Anyway... I digress. I'm sitting here on my couch enjoying the peace & quiet of early morning and the sound of rain pattering on my window. Aside from the occasionally bump of Truman & Franklin jumping around upstairs, it truly is peaceful & quiet. And, I'm quite enjoying it. I love rain.

Have you ever made a conscious effort to think of things that we will no longer enjoy in heaven? I mean, that sounds really silly - because heaven will be such a wonderful, glorious place...

...

Let me start over... have you ever begun to wax poetic and think deep theological thoughts when something in your brain clicks and you think:

"Oh my gosh, if I'm enjoying the sounds of RAIN on the window, then that means my PUPPIES are outside getting very, very WET!"

So, I rescued the poor, wet puppies - started a pot of coffee - and now I'm back at my keyboard. Not feeling so poetic or theological. Nope. Just feeling a little silly. Remind me to tell you how I feel about rain another time. I think it's a truly interesting theological opinion.

For now, I'm going to go pour a cup of coffee and try to actually wake up...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You're such a goofball. I miss you!