Friday, January 4, 2008

My brother's purse

I mentioned in a previous post that I still had not figured out what to get my brother & sil for Christmas. Well, I finally gave in and got them a gift card. I didn't want to be lame, so I tried to find a creative way to wrap it. I bought a purse on clearance ($2 - and a cute one too!) and put the gift card inside. I wrote only my brother's name on the gift tag (even though the gift was for both) just to see his reaction. When he opened his new purse, he was definitely surprised! He quickly looked inside to see if that's all he received... :o)


The funniest part is that on Christmas Day (the following day) when they dropped by my parents' house, Owen was carrying his new purse! He put his wallet & keys into it and carried it like it was a normal, everyday thing for him. Being the father of 3 girls, he probably gets his fair share of carrying purses, I would imagine! Too funny!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a good sport. It sounds like we have brothers with a common sense of humor!

Unknown said...

That is too funny, Amy! I think it's so great that Owen has 3 girls. It's your way of getting your girly-girl fill. And he gets his boy fill with yours. Awesome how things work out :)