Friday, January 4, 2008

Where do I begin?

Well, the biggest thing happening right now is not our trip to Illinois... I am changing jobs! The decision has not been easy - not remotely easy. I know that having two good jobs to choose between is a blessing, but some blessings do not come easily. I have prayed, compared the jobs, asked my mom & Tommie for advice, prayed, written a comparison graph (yes, i'm that silly...) and prayed some more. And... I came to the conclusion to leave my current job and pursue the new opportunity.

I love my job. There are things that I really dislike my job, but I really do love it. So why am I willing to walk away from something that I love most of? Am I crazy? My new job offer puts me in a position with a lot less stress and little to no evening or weekend work at nearly identical pay. It will allow me time to be a wife, friend, mother, daughter without being consumed with work all of the time. It will also allow me to continue to work toward my goal of having my own business in a few years. So, I suppose I'm not crazy. I'm going to miss the people I work with like crazy and I'll miss certain aspects of my old job like crazy... but I'm not crazy. I've made a difficult decision - one that I hope will positively impact my family life and those around me.

So... where is my new job? At the church that I call home.

4 comments:

krista said...

Very exciting...please tell me more! What is your current job?

Amanda said...

Oh wow! What will you be doing?

Amy said...

Neat! What is your new job?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow - congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you're going to be doing.