Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a Small World

I love Disneyworld! Growing up, I was a HUGE Mickey Mouse fan and dreamed of going to Disneyworld one day. I finally got the chance on my Senior trip! We drove to Florida from Illinois on a charter bus (a 22 hour drive), spent about 50 hours at Disneyworld and drove back home! It was the most amazing experience. The first thing I thought when I arrived was "I WANT TO LIVE HERE!" As much as I love Disneyworld, there was one thing about it that I absolutely disliked - the Small World ride. Talk about annoying!! I was thrilled when they decided to close that stupid ride - thank God!

Anyway... that's not the topic of my post! I was referring to how small the world really is. When we were on our campout, I was talking to a camp staff member and another camp staff member said that I looked familiar. I was wearing the sweatshirt from a camp I worked at in college and this guy asked me when I worked there. It turns out that we knew each other & worked at the same camp during the same summer in college!! I would not have recognized him (11+ years later!) unless he said something to me first! So cool... We spent an hour or so catching up on lost time & swapping stories of people that we both know and how many kids they have now. He just started working for this camp a few weeks ago (moved from California) and I'm leaving my job in a couple of weeks, so it was a crazy thing that we actually met and recognized each other! He married a girl from camp that I know and they only live 40 minutes from me, so I hope we can reconnect again sometime. It is a small world after all!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's neat! When did they close the Small World ride? It was there when we went.