Friday, January 11, 2008

Bummed

Well, we went to pick up our new vehicle last night & they didn't have it. Our sales dude was admitted to the hospital yesterday, so they didn't pick up our vehicle from Plano. We have a campout this weekend and won't be able to go get the new one until Monday. Bummer! The bright side is that they are letting me drive a nicer version for the weekend - free of charge. I should be happy, but I just want to be done with the whole thing. I think I'm so bummed because I'm a project oriented person. When a project is hanging over my head, it makes me anxious. Kind of like a job transition that isn't complete. Kind of like a Christmas tree that's still decorated and sitting in my entry way. Kind of like all of the clean unfolded laundry in my living room and the dirty unwashed laundry sitting in my laundry room. Kind of like a campout that I'm trying to finish getting ready for. Okay... I guess it's not just the car thing. I'm feeling a general sense of incompleteness and uneasiness. Too many unfinished projects...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry, Amy. I understand that project mentality. Enjoy your weekend in your fun borrowed van!

Amy said...

Right there with you. Christmas Tree, clean laundry, dirty laundry... Just wish I was getting a new vehicle too. :)

Amanda said...

Maybe I should come finish your tasks and you should come finish mine. Will that make us feel better?

Elizabeth said...

Girl, everytime you drive by my house you can tell where we are on our project list! :-) Christmas decor inside and out, clean laundry to put away...and the list goes on.

Enjoy your weekend away!

Anonymous said...

There'd be days like this my mama said mama said.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I hate the unfinished project feeling too ... but enjoy the borrowed van!