Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yippee!

We have good news x2!

1. The buyers accepted our cash offer (with some negotiation) in leiu of repairs. Even though we have to give them some money, we don't have to fuss with trying to hire repair persons from 4 states away!

2. Our offer on house #4 was negotiated & accepted! We will be closing on September 2nd! The house is in move-in condition and we are already researching ways to make it more upgraded & less boring! ha, ha

I'm feeling very good about the negotiations on both ends being completed. Now, we just have to manage all of the details associated with closing two loans! My throat is improving, but still not back to normal. My poor kids have been trapped in the apartment for the 3rd day straight. I cannot wait to move into our fenced-in backyard house where the kids & puppies can run free! Here's a pic of the front of the house...

8 comments:

wildhairmama said...

It's great!

Here is an idea - extend the roofline on the frontdoor overhang to make it into a front porch - lay a little cement, get a couple of rocking chairs - instant character :)

Julie said...

I guess my style is boring - I completely love the house!
Congrats!

Leslie Hargus said...

It looks great Amy! I'm so glad you'll be in a house soon.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so happy for you!!

I think the new house is great looking! Send some inside photos soon ... when do you close?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Duh - I just re-read it and you already told us when you close. I'll be more attentive next time.

amy said...

The inside photos all look like tan carpet, tan walls, white trim & no furniture. Pretty standard builder look... hence why we need to un-boring-ify it! ha, ha In fact, when you look at photos of the inside, you almost cannot tell which room you are looking at - they all look the same!

Amanda said...

What a pretty house! I don't think it's boring at all.

Elizabeth said...

I love it! Not boring, and once you add your personal touches, it will be home. Congrats Amy!