Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ups & Downs

I made it to a doctor's office today (by myself - thanks to Tommie!) and got some antibiotics, so I'm already feeling much better. That certainly helps my outlook on life. Which is good, because...
  • We offered the buyer of our house money to help cover the cost of repairs. We're awaiting a response.
  • We went to look at house #3 and after careful scrutiny, we decided that an awesome yard is not worth all of the money we would have to put into the repairs - roof, plumbing, electrical, etc.
  • We wrote up an offer for house #4 and our realtor called us back within an hour to tell us that someone else has already put in an offer & they are in the middle of negotiating. We went ahead and submitted our offer anyway - so if they don't accept ours, we are back to square 1! The house has been on the market since April 2nd - what are the chances someone else would put an offer in within one day of us?!?!
So... here we sit. Not sure of the future. At least we have a roof over our heads and food to eat. We are praying that God would lead us to the right house for us at the right price in the right timing.

2 comments:

In His Grip said...

I am so sorry for the downs. Bummer. I am glad you picked the house I voted on but the list of issues is shady. I guess it's good you have inspections. Something will come up. God will put you in the right neighborhood.

Jenny said...

Praying for the perfect house and the perfect timing... take care of yourself... there's no time for mommy to get sick!!