Thursday, July 31, 2008

Change of Plans...

Originally, I was planning to stay home full-time with the kids once we moved, at least until school started. Tommie & I have talked it over and agreed that being the home manager and caretaker for our children is a very important job. However, I still thought that I would either get a part-time job or start a business this year - just to stay busy and bring in a little extra "fun" money.

I'm planning to take the boys to their new school tomorrow to find out what we need to do to register them for school (now that we know what school they will be at!). I was on the website for the elementary school and I stumbled upon some highly valuable information that caught me completely off-guard:

HALF DAY KINDERGARTEN!

I was not expecting 1/2 day kindergarten at all. In fact, it's not even half of the day - it is 2 1/2 hours per day! Who has that in this day & age? This will be a complete shock to Truman and myself, because for the past year, he has been in a learning environment (daycare) for 9 hours per day. It would be impossible for me to get a part-time job during school hours, because they only offer bus service one way for kindergartners and there's not nearly enough time to do anything but run errands during the time he'll be in class. Wow! So... I'm having to re-think my plans for this school year. Guess I won't be having leisurely lunches with friends for one more year... ha, ha (just kidding!)
This also throws off our plan for my return trip to Dallas to pack/move the house. Tommie was planning on taking off of work early to pick up the boys at 3:00. Now, we're enlisting the help of my mom (who lives 4 hours away) - but we're not sure how it's all going to work yet.

I'm off to re-think all of my plans...

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Welcome to the midwest. A little behind the times as I've found as well. Megan will go 2 full days and a half on Friday. I guess at least it is a full day 2 days a week! Glad to hear everything is going well on the housing end. Hope you can make the trip back and everything runs smoothly!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's a bit of a glitch in the system. At least you'll have some neat one-on-one time with Truman this year.

Unknown said...

That just means Jesus wants you to have more time depositing into Truman's life. Yeah! Something will come up at the right time.