Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dissapointing Day & Rough Night

Well, yesterday turned out to be a pretty discouraging day. We got the results back from the inspection on our house in Texas and there are several things that the buyers want us to pay for. It is very frustrating, because it seems like they are being nitpicky. We just forked over about $8,000 this spring for updates/upgrades including a new roof, new fence, new flooring, etc. and they want us to pay for silly little repairs like a ceiling fan that doesn't work and cleaning out/servicing the HVAC system. It seems that they want a 12 year old house that is in perfectly mint condition. We haven't responded yet, so please pray that we would come to an agreement easily.

We also sat down with our realtor last night to hopefully write an offer on house #5. He brought with him the disclosure and a recent inspection report for that house. Unfortunately, it has major issues - too big to fit into our budget. The basement foundation is cracking & bowing, there is evidence of water damage, there are termites, etc. So... we're letting that house go and moving down the list. Rather than just going for house #4 (the newer boring one), we're going back to the drawing board with house #3. We're going to look at it again tonight. It looks like it might have scary issues too, but we're going to make an offer on it & have it inspected and then decide. If it turns out that the issues are cosmetic, we'll buy it. If they are bigger issues, we'll buy house #4 and try to "un-boring-ify" it.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with strep throat. I've had a sore throat since the demolition derby last Saturday - I thought it was sore from inhaling exhaust fumes & dust. Unfortunately, it has only gotten worse each day and today I can hardly swallow or talk. I haven't slept well for the past two nights. I've had strep many, many times and I know that if I can get an antibiotic, I'll feel better in 24 hours. So, today my mission is to find a new doctor and get a prescription (all with 3 boys in tow!). My patience with the boys has completely run out, so I need lots of prayers to return to happy mommy fast! Mean mommy seems to be living here right now!

So... I'm feeling very exhausted, irritable & discouraged right now. However, I'm trying not to live by emotion. I know that God has a plan and that He is good. I just keep having to remind myself of that right now!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Praying for you today sweet friend. Now go find that doctor, get your meds and rest, and your outlook will be better too! :-)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so tough - feeling poorly and getting bad news at the same time. I hope the other house works out.

Amy said...

Oh! So sorry about the house falling through. (Obviously, I read your other post first.) Hang in there. God has a perfect place in mind for you!

Hope you are feeling better!

wildhairmama said...

Hope you are feeling better! And have good new soon!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry for the ups and downs of the housing situation, but you're right that God has a plan.

Before we bought this house, we put an offer on a house that had been on the market over 120 days with zero offers. It had major cosmetic issues, but we were up for the challenge. We prayed, though, that God would bring His perfect will to pass. The day we submitted our offers, TWO others came in and we were outbid.

One week later, we found this house (which was much better from every aspect, and was move-in ready). It has lots of upgrades and was priced to move. The sellers accepted our offer immediately, and we moved in less than 30 days later.

Not two months later, our lives turned upside down (as you know), and God knew that I would be nearly non-functional for more than a year. A major remodeling project would have been out of the question, and time and again, my clean, comfy home was a source of comfort and rest.

All of that to say, I know you're disappointed, but God is in control. He knows the end from the beginning, and He has good plans for you. I know you'll look back and will be so grateful He did whatever it is He's planning to do.

Love you, friend. Praying for you.

amy said...

Thank you all for your encouragement! That's why I love each of you.