Friday, July 11, 2008

Officially unemployed & LOVING IT

Today at 11:45 a.m., I drove away from my job. I had just turned in my keys, my laptop and the remaining paperwork that someone else will have to follow up on now. I have loved my job at our church, and while I am sad to leave, I am grateful for the 2nd opportunity I have to be a stay-at-home mom. I laugh when I hear the term "stay-at-home" mom. When I was a SAHM before, I rarely stayed at home. I would imagine it will be the same this time around. I am not one to sit still for very long. Here are some plans I have for the next couple of months:

* Resume couponing - grocery game & more
* Go swimming with the boys (A LOT)
* Return to my Flylady (www.flylady.net) habits
* Manage my home with love & organization
* Eventually... get a part-time job or start my business to stay busy while the kids are in school
* Attend a Bible Study
* ... oh yeah - settle into our new home (when we get one) by unpacking & decorating & organizing

I'm thrilled to return to my career of choice - professional motherhood. Thank you, Tommie, for working so hard to provide for our family so that I can provide a place of refuge and love for our family. I love your hard work & dedication to your career that allows me to have any career I choose. You are an amazing husband & father. I love you!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on wrapping up your final day in the office. I know it's a true relief to return home. It's been a long time coming! Tommie's great to make the sacrifice.

I wish you were staying home here in TX so our busy paths could cross. *SOB* Oh well... God's plan is awesome, but you will certainly be missed.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so glad you get to stay at home in Indiana ... I know you've been wanting that. We'll be praying that God will provide all that you need.

Elizabeth said...

Amy - I know God is going to bless you crazily with this move! I cannot wait to hear about what He does for you guys.

In His Grip said...

I am so happy for you guys. Keep in touch once you get there today.