Saturday, December 27, 2008

11th Anniversary

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary! I'm amazed at how our lives have changed over the past 11 years. 11 years ago on December 20th, I graduated from college. I was 21 years old, selfish and clueless about what being a wife & mom was really about. On December 27th, we got married and everything changed. Since then, we've lived in 10 different houses or apartments, owned 3 homes, had 3 children and lived in 3 states. We've lost 4 of our grandparents and other friends & family members along the way. We have both grown up and learned so much about each other. We have had good times & a few very bad times. Sometimes it feels like we've been on a roller coaster ride, but I know that our love is here to stay. I have definitely learned that love is a choice and not an emotion.

I would choose you again. Happy Anniversary, Tommie!
Our wedding day - 12/27/97

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love what you wrote. Happy anniversary to you both!

Dana said...

That is very sweet what you wrote Amy and quite true. Congrats again.

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary!