Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 4: Favorite Christmas Movies

Please join us in the 25 Days of December Challenge, issued by my friend Stacy.

We have been trying to watch as many Christmas movies & shows on TV as possible this year & will continue to do so until Christmas itself. Last night, we had a pizza picnic on the coffee table and watched "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".

With all of the Christmas shows & movies on TV, I was trying to think of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. Here are my Top 10 (in no particular order):

  1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
  2. Christmas with the Kranks
  3. It's a Wonderful Life
  4. Veggie Tales: The Star of Christmas
  5. The Muppet's Christmas Carol
  6. Home Alone 1
  7. Elf
  8. The Family Man
  9. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
  10. While You Were Sleeping

My favorite Christmas movie of all time is "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". Every year, after we finish decorating the house for Christmas (and get the kids into bed), Tommie & I sit down to watch this movie. We used to watch it on a video tape - taped off of TV, missing the first 30 seconds of the intro, with crinkles in the movie & all. A couple of years ago, I gave Tommie a brand-new DVD of it - so now we enjoy every second of it! This year, our friends came to visit the night we decorated, so we haven't had a chance to watch it yet. However, I know that a Christmas season cannot come & go without us watching it at least once. There's something to be said for traditions - no matter how silly!

[Side note: There is one Christmas movie that I cannot stand to watch - "A Christmas Story". I know, I know. It's wrong to be so opposed to such a classic, but there's something about the main character's whiny voice and the whole Red Ryder BB gun thing that irritates me! :) ]

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Love your list...Christmas Vacation is a must in our house!