Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 16: Christmas Music

Please join us in the 25 Days of December Challenge, issued by my friend Stacy.

One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is how almost all of the music played glorifies God! I love walking through the mall or sitting in a restaurant hearing songs about Jesus' birth. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. We have a 5 CD changer in our home stereo and these are the five Christmas CDs that we always load.

1. First Call - Beyond December (my all-time favorite!! My parents always listened to this, so it brings back so many family memories for me!)
2. Michael W. Smith - Christmas OR Christmastime
3. John Michael Talbot - Birth of Jesus: A Celebration of Christmas
4. Steven Curtis Chapman - The Music of Christmas
5. Jars of Clay - Drummer Boy


This year, we downloaded a bunch of new Christmas songs as MP3s, so my list may have to change to favorite songs for next year, rather than CDs. For now, we love our old stuff!! The day after Thanksgiving, as we decorate for Christmas, I just pop all five CDs into the changer and hit random. I love it!!

All album cover photos are "borrowed" from Amazon.com's website.