Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 18: Truman's Ornament Collection

Please join us in the 25 Days of December Challenge, issued by my friend Stacy.

Each year, I buy each of the boys a Christmas ornament. Our big tree in the downstairs living room plays host to all of our ornament collections. When we decorate for Christmas, each boy puts their own ornaments onto the tree, then we all get to add the balls & bells and other red/gold ornaments that fill in the gaps! I love selecting that year's ornament for each child and the family. I try to get something that reflects what happened that year or a current interest. For the next 4 days, I will highlight one collection.

Truman's Collection:

  • 2003: Baby bootie - Truman's 1st Christmas, plus we moved to Texas
  • 2004: We visited San Antonio over Thanksgiving and each boy picked out their own glass animal.
  • 2005: Current photo in berry frame
  • 2006: Current interest: bowling
  • 2007: Truman's original artwork turned into an ornament
  • 2008: (...You'll have to wait until Christmas! The boys get their ornaments in their stocking each year.)
    Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Very cute - I love the artwork ornament!

Julie said...

I love love love the artwork ornament. You will have to share with us how to do that!

amy said...

We ordered them through an MDO fundraiser... but you can turn photos or artwork into ornaments through websites like Snapfish too.

Stacy said...

Ooo good idea. I never thought about doing the ornaments..I may have to copy. They are cute!

Oh- and I got the Christmas card with the official Santa Claus stamp..it really is cool. I may have to save it! ;)