Monday, December 1, 2008

25 Days of December Challenge - Day 1: Aroma of Yule

[My friend Stacy offered a December blog challenge. She challenged us to post about what we did that day to celebrate Christmas with a scripture, photo, event or anything Christmas-related for 25 days straight. I accepted the challenge - I hope I can remember to do all 25!]

In 2001, I found this recipe through an online Christmas e-mail group. I try to make it each year because it brings the festivity of the holidays to mind through the sense of smell. I wish blogs could have scratch & sniff, but they don't - so you'll just have to cook this up for yourself!

Aroma of Yule
1/4 C whole cloves
3 bay leaves
2 pieces orange peel
3 cinnamon sticks
2 lemon sections
1 quart water -- or more

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat. Can be used day after day by adding more water & reheating. Makes a wonderful spicy aroma through the house.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

wow..you have your post up before mine! ha! Love the idea- thanks!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Yum ... I love the scent of Christmas. I've made something similar before but I'm going to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.