Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

Now that the 1st day of a new month and a new year has dawned, I'm left pondering...
...how quickly time passes.
...the resolutions that will not be made.
...what was accomplished in 2008.
...what hopes & dreams I have for 2009.
...that 12 years ago today, Tommie asked me to marry him.
...how different life is on 1/1/09 as compared to 1/1/08.
...how seemingly big decisions are dwarfed in the light of eternity.

I'm thankful to be who I am, where I am and with the people I am with. And, in my opinion, that's a pretty good way to start out the year! Every two or three weeks, I find myself searching for new resolve to kick bad habits and start new good habits... so there's no need to make a "new year" resolution. I simply need to resolve to not let a whole year go by without reassessing my habits and behaviors, goals and dreams!

Here are some pics of my boys from our New Year's Eve celebration at home. Franklin stayed up until around 11:00, but both Harrison & Truman made it until right after midnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a very nice blog you have. Please check out http://www.nikasland.blogspot.com ,as this is my blog. :) Happy New Year!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Happy New Year!