Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oh Hail!



Last Friday at 3:30 a.m., the entire household woke up to the sounds of a massive thunderstorm, followed by large hail. This was our 2nd instance of hail in a week and the biggest in size and largest amount of hail that I have seen in my entire life! The hail stripped the baby leaves off of the trees and left the yard looking like a war zone. We sustained some roof damage, as well as damage to my new Rondo. Thank goodness for insurance!

The above photos were taken at 3 something in the morning. The photo below was taken at about 7 a.m. In the most shadowed parts of the backyard, the piles of hail did not completely melt until afternoon - even though it was very warm outside.

2 comments:

Julie said...

WOW!
I don't think we got that much hail at our house.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry your new baby got damaged. Fortunately, we missed it.