Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Truman!

FIVE YEARS OLD! I cannot believe that my baby is five years old. This week, he turns five and we also register him for kindergarten! I lived for so long in the world of diapers, bottles, naps and the double stroller. It is hard to believe that era is over. My boys are growing up fast!


We celebrated Truman's birthday with a trip to Peter Piper Pizza, then home for cake & ice cream and presents! Truman also had a "party" at preschool earlier in the day.


To my bubba:

You are my baby! Your smile has always melted my heart. When I was pregnant with you, I prayed for a calm, sweet baby and my prayers were answered. You have always had a sweet spirit about you (with a feisty streak!). I am most blessed by the funny things you say and the smile that lives on your face. You are such a smart kid and I'm blessed to be your mom.

I love you with all of my heart! Love, Mom


A look back in time...






8 comments:

The Dogs said...

I can't believe he is five! I remember when we were awaiting his arrival. We did the 30 day gourmet cooking and you were like 8 mos pregnant. Amazing.

In some of the pictures he looks so much like Franklin but in the most recent one with him and his birthday cake I see lots of Tommie in him. He is a good mix.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Truman. He looks so much like Franklin in that last picture. Are you sure that's the right boy?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

He's so darn cute! And I can't believe he's that old. Happy Birthday, Truman!

Amanda said...

I was going to say the same thing about him looking like Franklin. Truman used to look so distinct with the baby face, but now that he's a big boy, you can certainly tell who is brothers are! The similarities are remarkable!

Happy birthday, Truman!

Jenny said...

Oh- I know him in almost all of those stages.... shows how long you've been in Texas... I would say over 4 years!

Happy Birthday you cutie pie!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Truman! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

So, I am a little late in the Birthday wish!!...I think he looks like Harrison in the second to last pictures. hehehe

Unknown said...

That really is unbelievable. Wow. Happy birthday to your baby.