Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Movie Review: Reign Over Me


Wow! I had seen previews for the movie Reign Over Me, but didn't really know what it was about. The movie stars Adam Sandler and Don Cheadles, but it is amazingly not a comedy - and not a stupid comedy either! It is a drama... a very touching, heart warming film about a man who loses his family (Adam Sandler) and his long lost friend (Don Cheadles) that reaches out to him. If you want a movie to cry about, this is the one!

The two main characters had gone to dental school together and were roommates. They had not kept in touch, but one day Don saw Adam walking down the street. He had heard that Don's whole family died, so he got in touch with him and befriended him. I won't ruin the movie by spilling all of the details in this review - it is well worth watching yourself! It was so neat to watch the plot unfold and the relationship between the two men develop. I hope that if I'm ever in a desperate, lonely situation that someone reaches out to me like that. It was amazing and very touching. I bawled my eyes out.

I do not like movies that are not realistic to a certain point (hence why I'm not a big fan of science fiction, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.)... but movies where the characters could be real people in real life situations really get to me.

5 stars!

2 comments:

In His Grip said...

I am always looking for a good movie. Thanks. So, what's the verdict on your last post?

amy said...

no final decisions yet