Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wow! What a weekend!

I'm back from the trip to the state capitol and I'm exhausted! I thought it was going to be an easy going trip... you know, just hanging around - watching the students compete and helping out where needed - no big deal. Well, boy was I wrong! I ended up on night duty - 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. - helping out in the "office" and patrolling for curfew violators. It was a lot of fun, but my sleep schedule is so whacked out that it will take me a week to get back on track. I got an average of 4 hours of sleep per night and most of that sleep was between 7 am and noon. I arrived home to a sick child. Franklin had gotten sick (throwing up/fever sick) while I was gone and ended up missing school both Friday and yesterday. Truman has an ear infection also. Then, to top it all off - between the lack of sleep & stress, I came home with a migraine and ended up praying to the porcelain god myself a few times. Not cool! So, I arrived home from my trip on Sunday, returned to work on Monday and hosted a staff retreat for my new job all day today. Whew! Today was the 15th day of work IN A ROW and I still have 3 more before I get a full day off. When will this job transition end?!?!?

On a more pleasant note, I got some pretty fun pictures this past weekend (I'll try to post them soon) and I really like my new job. :o) Life is good... even when it's crazy & chaotic and I'm longing for a quiet day at home... life is good.

And... I got a really cool book on sale this weekend at Barnes & Noble that I've been wanting to read since 1999 - "The Millionaire Next Door". I've just begun and it's not going to be as entertaining of a read as the Dave Ramsey book, but it should be interesting.

2 comments:

In His Grip said...

Glad you are back. Hope to see you this weekend rested.

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm exhausted reading your post.

BTW, I have Millionaire Next Door... got it 10 years ago when it came out. VERY good stuff... it will go along with your Dave Ramsey stuff. You never know... you may be living next door to a millionaire. :-)