Sunday, February 10, 2008

Greetings from the couch...

(well, not really. i had to walk upstairs to get to the computer, but i've spent most of the last 36 hours on the couch where i've spent a lot of that time either sleeping or contemplating deep thoughts of Iran and energetic kids.)

One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is hearing the sound of my Truman giggling. He's always had a really deep voice, except when he's trying hard to convince you of some injustice and his voice raises 2 octaves. His giggles melt my heart every time. I'm always amazed at the amount of energy and excitement that God packed into his 4 year old little body. The littlest things like going outside to ride a bicycle give him great pleasure. That pleasure is expressed by jumps of joy and shouts of excitement. Oh, how I miss the days when a simple pleasure made me leap to my feet. :o) Yesterday, I asked Truman if I could take some photos of him. Normally, he says no. Yesterday, he said: yes - one. I said: What if it doesn't turn out well, could I take another one? He said: okay, two. Then, he said: maybe if it doesn't turn out you could take four or five, Mom - and he began posing.

Here are the best three of our spontaneous photo shoot:
Trying not to smile...
His silly face...
Truman Smile...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So, so cute. He's growing so fast! He doesn't even look like itty-bitty Truman anymore...

Amy said...

cute!

Elizabeth said...

what handsome little guy!