Friday, February 8, 2008

Iran

We had a guest speaker at church tonight talking about Iran. It was amazing to hear stories of the underground church and how God is moving in mighty ways. They did not have the Bible in their native language until recently. I'm always in awe of the struggles that Christians in other countries have to go through just to live out their beliefs. Every day, I take for granted that I can sing praises out loud, share my faith others, read my Bible and meet with other Christians in public places. I'm humbled by how spoiled I am and that I'm oblivious most of the time. Wow! This evening was meaningful. I don't want to forget how blessed I am to live in America and have the freedoms that I experience every day. Hearing a speaker like this evening makes me want to go out onto the mission field & experience life in a location where Christ is not taken for granted. A place where the things that we value here in suburbia become insignificant in light of things that are truly important - like sharing the love of Jesus with others.

I'm nearly speechless...

1 comment:

In His Grip said...

I would agree. Tonight was even better. You should go sometime.