Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Planning for Christmas


Aaaackkk... There are only 20 days left until Christmas and only 16 days left until I have to have my shopping finished! Yikes!! I am SO behind this year. Tommie & I finally sat down on Monday to talk about who we needed to shop for and what the spending limits are. Unfortunately, I had a fraudulent charge on my debit card, so I'm still waiting for the new card to arrive in the mail... and no debit card hinders any shopping plans I had. Here's my list of things not yet done this year:

  • Shop for everyone, except my mom & dad, co-workers & teachers (I start with the easiest first.)
  • Order Christmas cards
  • Write letter to insert into Christmas cards
  • Buy stamps (who uses stamps anyway?!?!)
  • Prepare & mail Christmas letter/cards
  • Decorate the Christmas tree (it has been up since Saturday, but hasn't been floofed or decorated)
  • Put lights up outside
  • Bake some sort of holiday treat
You would think I've been under a rock lately. It's not like Christmas comes as a surprise. It is on December 25th every single year, the last I checked. I am happy that I finally sat down to figure out what all I need to do... and one of these days, I might actually get something from that list DONE!

I have been faithfully scouting e-Bay for a special item for my boys and I'll find out in 57 minutes whether I can cross their names off of my shopping To Do list! Score!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Girl, I feel your anxiety. It's overwhelming me as well. I wish for all the details to be done so I can sit on my couch and enjoy how everything looks, smells, and sounds. That's when I wish I could snap my fingers like Mary Poppins!