Friday, May 8, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week: Day 5

Today is the final day of Teacher Appreciation, though we all need to express our appreciation for teachers way more often. My family has a lot of teachers, especially on my mom's side of the family... both of my grandparents were, my mom was, my aunt, my uncle & his wife run a private Christian school, plus lots of my great aunts & uncles/cousins/2nd cousins etc. were or are teachers. I think it is a noble profession and that teachers are highly underpaid for what they do. None of us would be where we are today without the influence of a teacher. The only teachers more underpaid than Christian school teachers (like my mom was) are homeschool moms. Kudos to all of my blog readers that homeschool. It takes a lot of hard work and determination to be the educator of your children - especially those who have children of all different ages and grade levels. I admire you!
Today's gift is a flower pot, a bag of dirt and a packet of Forget Me Not flowers. I added another ink pen with floral tape around it and a butterfly on top - just for good measure!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

You did an awesome job this week.
Now get some rest - I know all that creativity is exhausting (or atleast it is for me-ha!)

Janlac said...

Wow, very creative... Good job Amy...

Me? My way of express my teacher appreciation is through my poem...

You? In what way?