Friday, April 17, 2009

私の日本の友人 (My Japanese Friend)

Today was the first time that I have had face-to-face contact with my Japanese friend again. We see the back of each others' cars in the carpool line, but have not had an opportunity to communicate again - until today! I was volunteering to collect baked goods from the cars in line for tonight's Cake Walk at the school carnival. She got out of her car to go inside the school and when she saw me, she grinned and ran back to her car. I wondered whether to follow her or to wait there. I decided to wait there (don't want to appear over-eager, right?). :)

She brought me this:

I'm relieved to know that I did not scare her off or say something completely crazy with my Japanese translated note last time! We'll see where this international friendship takes us...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay -- how exciting!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so neat. I can only imagine what a blessing your beginning friendship is to her.

The Dogs said...

This kind of gives me goose bumps. Just think, if you had a job and weren't as available to help out with things around your family maybe you wouldn't be developing this relationship. God is using you because you allow him to. Thanks for the encouragement to do the same.