Friday, November 14, 2008

Reflections on Fall

Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I love the weather, the colors and the activities. Visiting the pumpkin patch, cheering at football games, sitting around the campfire, hiking through the crunchy leaves... plus, we celebrate 3 family birthdays in the fall. My favorite clothing to wear is a sweatshirt & jeans - perfect in the fall. Thanksgiving is a time for reflection & gratefulness that wraps up how I feel about the whole season. I'm sad because with all of the rain we received this week, the leaves are about 3/4 of the way off of the trees now. The weather is supposed to turn very cold this weekend with a chance of snow flurries. I don't want fall to end so soon... Here's a photo that I took about 1/2 mile down the road from our neighborhood about 2 weeks ago. Beautiful...
Daniel 2:20b-23a
Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers...

1 comment:

In His Grip said...

Enjoy. Winter's around the corner. Real winter.