Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Price is Right

My Grandma Wilson (my mom's mom) loves the Price is Right. She watches it religiously and loved Bob Barker. Last week, I had Monday off of work and I flipped on the TV mid-morning just to see if the world of daytime TV has changed since I started working full-time... :o) The Price is Right had just begun. I remembered seeing on the news that Drew Carrey was going to start hosting the show and that his first day was coming up soon. Just my luck - that day was today! I immediately thought of Grandma, so I called her to get her take on the new host. She lives many hours away, so I wasn't even sure if her show would be on TV at the same time as my show. Even better luck - it was! She laughed when she realized that I called just to chat about the Price is Right. We agreed that it was never going to be the same without Bob. It was one of those conversations where you just feel a bond. Sitting in two different living rooms, hundreds of miles away from each other, yet enjoying the same thing at the same time... It's not about the TV, Drew or Bob - it's about loving someone so much that something insignificant becomes significant because you shared it together.

No comments: