Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Brave Boy

Tonight, I had just finished cutting the boys' hair (photo of Truman to come soon!) and I went to shake the apron outside. In the hall was a big, black cricket. I'm not a "scared-y cat", but I honestly don't like bugs, spiders and snakes. (Okay... I'm really a scaredy cat!) But, when the boys were littler, I would put on my brave mommy face and kill the mean bug before it ate my babies. When Harrison heard that I saw a cricket in the hall, he said - "I want to see it!" I thought he would be scared, so I told him that I'd be back in a minute to kill it. When I came back in from shaking out the apron, he was walking purposefully toward the cricket with a napkin in his hand.

Me: What are you doing?
Harrison (nonchalantly): I'm going to get the cricket.
Me: Oh, I thought you didn't like crickets.
[Meanwhile, he smashes the cricket and carries the napkin to the garbage can...]
Harrison: They aren't scary, mom. I've picked one up before.
Me: Oh. I didn't know that.
Harrison: Yeah, I picked one up at school. Sometimes they are in the gym. They aren't scary. They ARE really tickle-y though.

Too cute! My big boy is all grown up and brave now. I guess the brave mommy face can go back into hiding now that I've got 3 boys to take care of my bug killing job duties! :o)

No comments: