Monday, September 7, 2009

Megan

After living 15 hours away for 5 years, it is a blessing to be closer to family. One of my goals in life is to let my nieces know how much they mean to me. They are getting older and I have been asking their mom (my sister-in-law Elizabeth) to allow them to come stay with me. Kids act so different when they are around their parents and siblings, so I wanted the opportunity to get to know them each on an individual basis.
Megan is the middle of three sisters and is 12 (turning 13 in January). She visited us for an entire WEEK! We had so much fun!! One of the most fun things we did was have a photo shoot. She is beautiful and I'll be forever grateful for this week that we spent together. I can't wait to have each of her sisters visit!
We had a couple of girl nights... painting nails, paraffin bath, girlie movies... so fun! :)
For one of our photo shoots, Megan tried on some of my old dresses... prom dresses, my bridesmaid dress from her parents' wedding and this one - my 8th grade graduation dress that my mom made!

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's really neat that she got to spend a week with you ... I'm sure it was really memorable for her. Sounds like you had fun having a girl in the house!

Amanda said...

How does Randi *always* beat me to the comments? :) I'm so glad you got to spend one-on-one time with your niece. That's always been so special to me and my nieces -- a real blessing.