Friday, September 18, 2009

Have you seen this dog?

Our sweet Lucky dog went missing on Wednesday night around 10 p.m. She and her brother, Max, were outside in the dog run for their last potty break of the evening. They were barking (and I'm sure annoying all of the neighbors), so I went out to let them in. Usually, they run straight to the back door. Sometimes, they want to go elsewhere, but normally come back when called. A couple of times they have run off for a few hours. Well... as soon as I opened the cage, they took off chasing a rabbit. I wasn't worried about them. I knew they would be back. Max returned about 1 hour later. Lucky has not returned at all.
Max doesn't know how to function without his sidekick. I've joked many, many times that they are co-dependent. They have been together since the womb. He just sits by the back door and looks at me with his big puppy dog eyes. His ears have not been perky since she left. He doesn't want to get into the car or go anywhere but home. It's so sad.
We have prayed. Called all of the animal control centers, humane societies, vets, groomers and rescue organizations. Hung up signs throughout our neighborhood. Prayed. Talked to every neighbor we've seen outside. Sent mass e-mails. Driven around our area multiple times. Driven up & down the highway near our house looking in ditches.
NOTHING.
Lucky was wearing a pink collar with a heart shaped tag that has her name, our name, our address and phone number. I figured that she would go right up to someone begging for attention and they would call us right away.
Please pray that our Lucky returns home safely and quickly.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh no!!! That's so sad! You know, Michelle's dog went missing a year ago and I found her at a shelter. Her collar had ripped off so they were able to identify her by the photo I had. Keep the faith!! I'll be praying. I know how much you love your pups!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so sorry ... I hope you find her.