Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Official!

I'm officially a resident of the great state of Indiana. I have my new driver's license and my plates have been ordered. It feels strange - it has been nice to hang onto my Texas plates/license as a reminder of where we came from. I will no longer stand out in the carpool lane as being "not from here". And I think that can be a good thing. We also got a land line, so now we do not have to clarify that our area code is different every time we give out our phone number. In our area, you only have to dial the last 7 numbers for a local call. A piece of my heart will always be in Texas, but I'm learning to embrace my new state.

3 comments:

Julie said...

7 digit telephone #. Wow, I haven't been able to do that since we moved to the big city.
I came from a small town so no need for the area code.

In His Grip said...

So, are you an Indianian? Or are you still from Iowa/Ill?

amy said...

At this point, I think I'm confused. I still say that I'm "from" Illinois, because it's easier than explaining, plus I lived there the longest and my parents still live there.