Sunday, August 10, 2008

Last Minute Shopping

We went to Wal-Mart to get the last few school supplies that have eluded us so far. I've been stocking up on essentials during the 1 cent & 10 cent sales over the past month. However, we were lacking a few essentials - folders with pockets and prongs, kleenex (never went on sale) and "classic" markers (we accidentally bought "bold"). I decided that since we were making a trip to Wal-Mart anyway, we would simply pick up some groceries too. Here's a tip for all of the shoppers out there... NEVER, EVER go shopping for school supplies OR groceries the day before school starts!! It was a madhouse and they were out of any sort of school supply that would show up on a normal list - folders, markers, etc. Our trip was nearly unsuccessful. We managed to grab a couple of plastic folders (purple was the only color left!) and some generic kleenex boxes, along with enough groceries to get us through breakfast & packing lunches. I'll go back tomorrow when the boys are in school to do the rest of the shopping...

School starts TOMORROW! The big boys have school all day and Truman has Kindergarten Orientation at 1:00 p.m. His first day of school is Tuesday. I cannot believe that my days of being a mother of preschoolers has officially ended...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, unbelievable the boys are already in school!

Amy said...

Oh my, that makes me sad. How did that happen so fast?!? I hope that it all went well!!!