Sunday, August 3, 2008

"Free Time"

We are enjoying our last few days of summer before the boys start school. School begins one week from tomorrow! Here's how we spent our afternoon & evening...

We drove by our new house, then stopped at the boys' new elementary school to run 1/4 mile on the track...
Then, we took McD's hamburgers along with the rest of the picnic dinner that I packed to the local park. (We've been eating sandwiches every day, so this was a good alternative sandwich.) We brought the puppies along to wear them out too!

On the way home, Lucky threw up (no photos of that), so I gave both of the puppies baths - using the hose on the side of the apartment building. Fortunately for me, the side of the building that contains the hose is the side that faces the entry to the apartment complex, so we had quite a few people drive by slowly. There are 26 buildings in the complex, approximately 12 apartments per building, 45 minutes of dog washing and only one entrance to the complex - you do the math! You know, if you are going to bathe pukey puppies in the great outdoors, there's nothing like having an audience! The puppies are nearly 6 months old and I don't have a single bath picture yet. Something about having two dogs, wet dog smell, shaking water and cameras do not go well together... I can tell you that they weren't having nearly this much fun...

So I rewarded myself with a little home decor reading time when the boys went to bed. I got this book from the library and LOVE it. I wonder if I "forgot" to return it, how much they would charge my account! (just kidding!!)

2 comments:

Leslie Hargus said...

sorry to hear about the dogs. :) it must've been quite a sight!

Elizabeth said...

Mmm, I love the trees in the photo. bummer about the pukey dogs. :-)