Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Frustration...

When I booked a flight to return to Dallas, the reservation company sent my paper airline tickets to the wrong address. The wrong address is an apartment complex that signed for the package, even though I don't live there. The airline will not allow me on the plane without a ticket, because they are small-time and do not offer e-ticketing. The company I reserved the flight with will not re-issue the ticket because the package was signed for. The apartment complex will not send me the tickets unless I pay for it. Fed Ex will not allow me to pay for express shipment with my credit card, unless I pay for it at the time of pick up (which I cannot do because I am 15 hours away) because I am not the original shipper - I am the recipient. The reservation company will not arrange for the tickets to be fed exed from the apartment complex to my current address, because the package was already signed for. My flight is non-refundable, so if I cancel the flight, I will get no money back. If I book another flight (the exact one again), I will have to pay nearly double the original flight cost, plus pay extra to have the tickets overnighted to me.

This is a comedy of errors to the extreme... and I'm extremely frustrated!!! I've been on the phone for 1 1/2 hours so far, with the airline, reservation company, fed ex and the apartment complex.

I'm supposed to leave Saturday at 2 p.m. and it is now Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

No comments: