Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Giving Thanks

Yes, it does seem that these two got their holidays mixed up. I guess my father-in-law decided that since Santa makes his appearance at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade that it was okay to wear this to Thanksgiving dinner!
Aunt Karen & I seem to be wearing more appropriate colors!
Tommie, his mom & brother working very hard on the puzzle. The senior center always has a puzzle out on the table. When we go there for a holiday gathering, the family usually completes the puzzle. I always wonder if there are hacked off old people come Monday.
Harrison and Great-Grandma Barker
Franklin and Truman with their Thanksgiving wishes for Great Grandpa Barker.
Great Grandpa Barker was unable to join us at the family gathering this year. He has been diagnosed with bone cancer and not given very long to live. He was placed in the nursing home 2 days before Thanksgiving. We were especially thankful to spend time with him this Thanksgiving.
My dad helping Truman hold up his magnetix string. We spent part of the weekend with my parents, though we missed the Majeres family Thanksgiving dinner.
Harrison received an unpleasant gift - road rash! He was riding the skateboard on his belly and hit a bump. The skateboard stopped while he kept going. Ouch!
My parents love it when I take random pictures of them resting... can you tell?

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Looks like you had a fun holiday ... but poor Harrison! I hope it didn't stop his turkey-eating.

Julie said...

Oh my! Harrison looks like he was in pain - hope it heals quickly!