Sunday, August 16, 2009

Photoshop Fun

Along with learning how to scrapbook digitally, I'm trying to learn how to use Photoshop Elements (the program most people use for digiscrapping). I'm normally a purist... a photo should be great by the merit of what it looks like when taken - without manipulation. I think that it is "cheating" when someone enhances their photos with photoshop. However, it is fun to play with photo manipulation. Take the photo below left. I was trying to get a pic of Harrison with the scuba gear, but there were so many people there that it would have been impossible not to get them in the background. So... I photoshopped everyone out & made a funky background based on the real one (see pic on the right). It was great fun, though I'm still a purist at heart!
(click to enlarge)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: