Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wow - what a week!

I'm exhausted!!

We have spent the last week or two (I've lost track of time) getting the house ready for sale. We have taken half and full days off of work to get stuff done, plus hired people to help with the bigger projects - - after 12 trips to Home Depot and 15 trips to Wal-Mart - the house is finally READY! The house officially went on the market Tuesday evening & we had our first showing yesterday!! We still have a few things to clean up (like the pantry and garage), but everything else is good to go. We took the puppies to my aunt & uncle's house last night. I've lined up 3 different puppy sitters, so there is no trace of animal in my house while it's showing. Here are a few other highlights of the past two weeks:
  • We had VBS at church last week - over 1,100 kids attended!
  • Franklin was baptized during the Friday night event for VBS! (photos & more info coming later on this)
  • Franklin & Harrison are at residential camp this week (about 2 1/2 hours away from home).
  • Tommie leaves for Indiana in 2 days. We've rented a furnished 2-bedroom apartment for the family to reside in until we find a house.
  • The boys & I leave for Indiana in 2 weeks & 1 day.

Please continue to PRAY that our house sells FAST (this weekend would be good...). ha, ha This will allow us to find a house in Indiana and get the boys settled before school starts.

I'll try to post pictures when I get time...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on finishing the house and getting it listed! That's a big job.

When you have a moment, would you e-mail me about the boys' residential camp? We're looking for some place for our kids next year, but want to go with some word-of-mouth recommendations.

Amy said...

2 weeks and 1 day!!! That is so soon!

Good job getting the house ready. I know that that is no small feat.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow, this is like a moving marathon! We'll be praying for a quick sale.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got everything finished. Yeah! Can't believe you will be gone so soon.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, this is all happening too quickly! 2 weeks? You will be missed!