Monday, June 16, 2008

To Do Lists...

My To Do list is more important these days than normal. We're trying to squeeze in as many things as we can, before we make this transition. We have a roof being replaced, tile put into 3 bathrooms, I painted 2 rooms last weekend & 2 more are being painted by a contractor this week, Tommie's car will be repaired (in order to make the 15 hour drive), we are cleaning out closets & packing away things, furniture is being delivered on Friday & home staging begins, CCA truck will pick up donations on Friday (I hope), cleaning lady comes next Tuesday and... by next Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning - the house should be READY to be listed!!

Tommie begins work two weeks from today & we're trying to make arrangements for temporary housing and figure out when the rest of us will move. In between everything, the boys are going to residential camp for a week & have swim lessons for two weeks.

Life is crazy, but sometimes crazy is good. Crazy life means that I can continue to focus on the To Do, rather than dealing with how difficult it will be to pull up roots and leave our home in Texas. I had my bunko group tonight & after 3 1/2 years in the same group, it's certainly NOT going to be easy to say goodbye... There is a world that I like to live in and it is called Denial! Welcome to my world...

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was so good to chat with you last night. I am going to miss you a lot! Thank goodness for blogs, huh?

Amanda said...

Oh friend, I'm going to miss seeing you! I'm glad it's all coming together.