Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good news & bad news...

So... I suppose Tuesday came & went. (Sorry, Jenny!) Well, I have good news & I have bad news...

The good news is that Tommie got a new job!!!

The bad news is that Tommie got a new job... in INDIANA! *pause for hysterically crying friends* Yes, we will be moving to Indiana... which is both good & bad news. Half of me is very excited about the possibilities that are before us & the other half is very upset about leaving our home in Texas. (home = friends, church, life as we know it)

Two weekends ago, we went to Evansville, Indiana for a job interview for Tommie. We loved the area, the job seems wonderful and the relocation package is unbeatable. So... we waited to see if they would offer Tommie the job. And we waited. And we waited. And we waited. And we got word on Thursday that there would be an offer coming. Friday. No, Monday. No, Tuesday. And here we are on Wednesday - FINALLY got the phone call today & accepted the job. Tommie starts work at the end of June (the 30th to be exact) and the boys & I will follow as quickly as possible. School there starts on August 11th, so we've got exactly 2 months to sell our house and get settled. YIKES!

Right now, I'm overwhelmed at what all has to take place. We've been in this area for FIVE years now, so the thought of moving is really uprooting the life we've created. We've lived here since our boys were 2 months, 2 years & 3 years old... pretty much their whole lives! We love our church, we love our small group, we love this area, we love our friends... but we also know that God has a plan for our lives that is bigger and better than we can possibly imagine, so we are along for the ride. We will follow him - no matter where He leads.

Indiana... here we come!

Us, before we left...
The Evansville airport is a wee bit smaller than DFW!
I thought it was nice that they welcomed us home before they even knew we were moving!
Downtown Evansville has a walking/biking trail along the Ohio River.
There is a monument that has all 50 states... we will certainly miss the great state of Texas!!!

12 comments:

In His Grip said...

Yes, I am sad. We moved at the same time and I gues technically we are moving again at the same time but yours is major. I will miss you guys tons.

Stacy said...

So, how close is Evansville to Columbus,OH???? We are in Indiana a lot since my bro lives there. Maybe we can get together when you settle in. Congratulations! We'll be praying for a quick sale and a smooth transition. We know how moves take a toll - hang in there!

Amy said...

Oh wow! That is good (and sad) news. I'll miss you, Amy P.

Love,
Amy P.

Anonymous said...

Wow-you will be missed! Sad to see you go, but I know this will be good for you. Congrats on the new job for Tommie-I know that's a big deal.
Love ya!

Jenny said...

Such a bummer and such an exciting new adventure. Glad to talk to you tonight! I'm really tired of my friends moving away!!! But that's all about me. :-) Sounds like Tommie has an exciting job awaiting him. We'll be praying for a smooth transition.

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad it's settled and no more wondering. But I'm sad that Sam's buddies down the street are moving.

You will be missed! :-(

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet friend, you will be missed!! Many blessings to you. I am jealous of the new adventure that awaits you! But happy for all the blessing you will receive, lives you will touch. Amy, happy happy days are head for you. Congrats!!

Amanda said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That's not a "little getaway," you fibber! Oh well. I'm all for the following God bit. I mean, seriously, who am I to argue with the Creator of all?

I'm happy for you guys and hope everything goes as smoothly as you need it to. I'll miss you, friend!

Unknown said...

WOW, Amy! What crazy exciting news!! Congratulations, first of all, to Tommie, and I'm selfishly happy because we'll have you back closer to us again. I'm sure your p's are, too. It will be almost like welcoming you back "home" :)

I know it is a bittersweet time for you. Best wishes . . . keep us updated on the experience. Hope to see you when you get settled in IN! Hope everything goes really well. :)

Love,
Val

For The Girls said...

It was good to see you at VBS this morning. Congratulations on Tommie's new job! You will be missed!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I can't believe I'm so late reading the big blog announcement. Congratulations on the new job, Tommie! We'll miss you guys but I'm excited for you ... it's a fun, new adventure and we'll be praying that God will begin right now to prepare a place for you. So glad you have the blog so we can keep up with life in Indiana!

Leslie Hargus said...

Awww, you will be missed, Amy. But I am glad you are following God's lead. :) I am jealous of the beautiful autumns you will have! (sigh!)