Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dallas or Bust!

I cannot believe there is an airline ticket confirmation e-mail in my inbox. It's too good to be true! I have booked a flight to Dallas for the weekend in January (22-25). This makes me SO SO SO happy!! We moved from Dallas to Indiana in July 2008. I have only been back once (in August 2008) to get the house packed up. My heart has been longing to visit my dear, sweet friends in Dallas for quite some time. I have grieved the loss of proximity as multiple friends have had babies. (I long to kiss those sweet baby cheeks!) It is a 15 hour drive or an expensive plane ticket to get me from here to there... and I had no idea when I might be able to visit again.
Today, I saw that Southwest Airlines was having a fare sale. I still did not think it would be affordable for me to book a flight... but my heart's longing drove me to look at the airline's website anyway. I was blown away when I realized that I could fly from a major airport (a 3 hour drive from here) to Dallas for only $50 each way. My total trip with taxes & fees is only $123!!! Wow! I'm SO blessed! My wonderful husband knows how badly I've been wanting to go and he quickly agreed to purchase the plane tickets for me for Christmas (which is a BIG deal in our current budget) and to allow me a full weekend away from him & the boys (which is an even BIGGER deal with 3 active boys!). I'm pretty sure this is the best present ever!!
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4
Thank you, Lord!!

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How fun! We'll have to plan a big dinner gathering when you're here! Name a restaurant you love.

Amanda said...

I'm so happy you're coming! You're welcome to our guest room if you haven't made other plans. Let me know...

Julie said...

Yeah!
Put me on the list to be "contacted" so I can come visit you (I didn't get to see you before you moved) :(

Jenny said...

WooHoo!!! Brenner will be thrilled to finally get kisses from you!

In His Grip said...

Now I know when you are coming. Love your posts. I am so jealous of your Parent photos. You are so lucky to be near them. Can't wait to see you.