Friday, July 24, 2009

Fort: Completed!

After two weeks and many, many hours of hard work by my Dad, myself and mostly Tommie... the monster fort is complete!! The footprint is 5'x10' and it stands about 12' high. Each boy has their own 5x5 play area and there is a 4th "common" area. We had a lot of fun designing, drawing, planning and building this fort. I hope the boys get much enjoyment out of this for years to come. They have already had a gang of neighborhood boys over to have water gun wars on it. I love seeing them enjoy the fruits of our labor.
Some of the features of the fort include: climbing wall, trap door with ladder, exterior ladder, crawl through between Franklin & Harrison's rooms, canvas roof, hidden compartments and treasure chests.
(click to enlarge)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Julie said...

Way to Go!
Looks awesome!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's amazing! I love that the boys have their individual spaces ... what an amazing fort.

In His Grip said...

I think living near family has done you good girl. Love it.

Unknown said...

very, very, very cool!

Unknown said...

by the way...the account says Barry, but it's me..Chelsey. *grin*

Jenny said...

So impressive! I'm guessing you'll be staying put for awhile since you invested all that time and money into the fort! :-)