Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Max & Lucky!!

Today is Max & Lucky's 1st Birthday! I had planned on doing something special - baking some neat-o doggie treats and showering them with love & gifts. Unfortunately, plans got changed! I came down with some sort of flu-thing yesterday morning (thankfully, it seems to have subsided in the past hour or two) and the puppies have been sick too. So... we'll have to do our celebrating this weekend. I didn't want this day to go by without making mention of their special day!
Truman holding Max at the breeder's house...
Truman snuggling with both dogs last week (one year of growth for Truman also!)...
It is so hard to believe that we have gone from two 5 pound puppies to 27 and 22 pound puppies. As I looked back through their "baby" pictures from last year, I reminisced about what they were like when we first brought them home. I'm amazed that their personalities are pretty much they same - they are just bigger! Max & Lucky started out as these cute little furry things that we fell in love with and have grown to be a true part of our family. Taking care of them has become a normal part of our day and Tommie & I enjoy puppy cuddles each night when the boys go to bed. There are definitely times when I think it would be much easier (and cheaper!) to live without pets... but then I see the joy on the boys' faces when they are playing with the puppies and it is all worthwhile! At this point, I cannot imagine life without Max & Lucky. I certainly cannot imagine one without the other. They are a pair! Happy Birthday, puppies!
Me with both puppies (Lucky on the left, Max on the right) a week or so after we brought them home...
Both puppies (Max on the left, Lucky on the right) in the snow last week...

4 comments:

The Dogs said...

i have a flu thing too. YUCK! Hope you get well soon.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Oh no - I'm SOOOOO bothered right now. My email crashed last week and I lost everything in my inbox, including your email. Forgot all about sending you those recipes until I saw this post. I'm so sorry! If you want to do a belated party, let me know and I'll send them along.

Hope you feel better soon!

In His Grip said...

They are too cute. Sorry you were sick.

Julie said...

Those dogs really are adorable (and that is huge considering I boycott all animals) :)